“The XR Brain Jam brings together researchers and game developers to explore the frontiers of XR. Those wishing to participate must complete the application here. We encourage developers to apply with as a team of fellow developers if possible. Participants will be selected based on a combination of their individual skill and experience, as well as the need to balance the overall makeup of the jam teams.
All participants must attend the entire jam event, which begins 6pm Friday June 14th and concludes at 8pm Sunday June 16th. Participants are also strongly encouraged to attend the XR for Change Summit on Monday June 17th, where work from the jam will be presented.
Additional Guidelines for Researcher Applicants:
- Must be involved in active and ongoing research (all research domains are welcome)
- Excited to explore the potential for XR technologies (such as virtual reality, augmented reality, etc) in their research (no prior experience with XR technologies required)
- Desire to collaborate with developers, both during the jam and possibly afterwards
- Ability to convey their area of expertise and research to non-experts
Additional Guidelines for Developer Applicants:
- Familiarity with developing for one or more XR platforms (such as Vive, Rift, Hololens, etc).
- Access to development equipment to bring to the jam (the jam will provide at least 1 XR platform headset and one development computer- teams are responsible for additional equipment)
- Interested in collaborating with researchers, both during the jam and possibly afterwards
- Prior experience working with subject-matter experts a plus, but not required
- Developers are encouraged to apply as a team. Individual developers will be considered but priority will be given to those applying with complete developer teams with the skills needed for XR prototyping.
It is free to apply to the XR Brain Jam.
Accepted participants are asked to pay $50 (per person) to reserve their spot in the jam…”
[Read more about the XR Brain Jam here].